An Aptos thread lift is a popular procedure to achieve facial refreshment and improve skin quality without having to undergo surgery.
Aptos Threads are made of Poly-L-Lactic Acid and Caprolactone material which have been used in surgery for many years, are non-allergic and have an excellent safety profile. Besides providing a lift to parts of the face, the threads stimulate the skin cells to produce collagen and improve micro-circulation. Over time they can improve skin tone, colour and texture.
There are a range of different types of threads (from Multidirectional barbed, Bidirectional barbed to spring or twisted), and each treatment is customised to target specific results that our patients are wanting to achieve.
It is a minimally invasive procedure which is done under local anaesthetic by our experienced doctors. The treatment can be combined with other aesthetic procedures like Anti-Wrinkle Injections and Filler.
FAQs about Facial Threads
The ideal candidate is someone with mild to moderate signs of sagging of the skin, who is not prepared (or not yet ready) for surgical intervention.
Applying Aptos threads take about 30-60 minutes in a procedure room.
There will be some immediate results. There will be an ongoing improvement to skin texture and quality over the following months as new collagen and elastin form.
Immediately post procedure, some bruising and swelling can be expected. Patients normally return to work the following day.
Depending on the thread composition, the long-term effect is 1.5 – 5 years.
- Nasolabial folds “marionette” lines
- Lip contour
While a thread lift can be referred to as a minimally invasive surgical procedure, potential complications include pain, bruising, swelling, infection, slight depression or skin irregularity.
- Ice packs will be applied immediately after the procedure
- You may choose to take analgesics if you have pain over the following 2-3 days
- Make up should not be applied for 24 hours
- You should sleep face up, with your head elevated on pillows for 3-5 nights
- Wash face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Avoid face and neck massages for 1 month
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements, as well as sports and exercise for 2 weeks
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks
- Do not use saunas or have dental surgery for 3 weeks